Friday, November 11, 2011

Haikus from our Creative writing Club

A Haiku is a Japanese poem that is 3 lines.  The first and third lines have 5 syllables and the second (middle) line has 7 syllables. Here are some that our students in the creative writing club, which meets Thursday's after school, have written and shared:


Clutz


I was embarrassed.


I fell off my chair again.


I am such a clutz.


(Mahalia)


 


Rollercoaster


This is way too fast.


I think I’m going to be sick.


Wait!  We didn’t start?


(anonymous)


 


The Pitch


Standing on the hill


Overlooking the whole world


I step and release.


(Bennett)


 


Chicago


Buzzing cars and crowd


Suffocated in nothing


Lights flicker above


(Bennett)


 


The Night War


The cosmos gleaming


I watch the battle above


A flash, then nothing


(Bennett)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment